Qualified Volunteering – Skills for Resilient Societies11/14/2023
"Qualified Volunteering - Skills for resilient societies" is our parliamentary evening in the framework of the European Year of Skills 2023 to discuss and highlight the value of qualified, organized volunteering for more resilient societies. In the face of increasing frequency and magnitude of natural disasters, as well as the constant need for helping hands to offer comprehensive social services, committed volunteers are indispensable across all of SAM.I.'s fields of activity. The volunteers do not only learn the skills needed for their tasks, but develop social and democratic competences beyond job relevance and highly important for resilient societies.
We invite you to join the experts in discussing the value of organized volunteering for building socially resilient societies, as well as the supporting framework needed.
The evening takes place on 14 November 2023 at 18.30h at the Representation of the European Region Tyrol - South Tyrol - Trentino in Brussels, Rue de Pascale 47, 1040 Brussels (5min from the European Parliament).
• Vesna Caminades, Head of the Liaison Office Brussels of the Autonomous Province
of Bozen/Bolzano -South Tyrol
• Ivo Bonamico, Secretary-General Samaritan International
Panel discussion and Q&A
Moderation: Knut Fleckenstein, President Samaritan International
• Katarina Barley, Vice-President European Parliament, President ASB
• Gabriella Civico, Director Centre for European Volunteering
• Christoph Nerlich, Member of Cabinet, Commissioner Schmit
• Renata Penazzi, Vice-President Samaritan International
Followed by a networking dinner
To registration: click here